Happy 2014!…and welcome back online, after a long (and well deserved winter break). It was so great being away from my computer, even for a little while. I focused on reading Monocle’s December issue, and almost finalizing “The power of habit”, spending time with my friends & family, and of course, making a list of “to dos” for the new year to come.
But before moving to new, greater things, I wanted to take a small step back and give some thanks to all the great people out there sharing their knowledge about PM, Digital, Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Web Project Management Blog, Sam Barnes (Web Project management addict 🙂 )
- The Digital Project Manager, Ben Aston (Digital Project Director at FCV, Vancouver)
- Adventures in Project Management, Brett Harned (Vice President of Project Management at Happy Cog, Philadelphia – who is also organizing the Digital PM Summit)
- The Critical Path, Derek talking about Agile PM, SCRUM and offering general PM tips
- 99u, powered by Behance – Insights on making ideas happen
- Skott Berkun, writer
- The Reddit & Medium communities
- The Designer & Hacker News aggregator
- All the unknown PMs out there (like myself) trying to give back to the startup community by speaking at conferences or writing blogs or books, or giving advice.
I think being a project manager can be really tough, and it’s refreshing to read about the same problems you’re experiencing, get a piece of advice, or laugh at similar situations. By helping each other we’re helping our clients create better digital products and services. To quote OkapiStudio’s philosophy: “[…] believe in the quality of the design and helpfulness of the technology, in things build to last and to have a positive influence on people lives.”
So let’s stick together and continue sharing!
I loved Scott’s blog post about “When is something worth teaching” – which I think summarizes this perfectly: “It’s only through writing and speaking that you’ll improve your thinking and invite feedback from other people.”
Looking forward to reading more great stuff from all of us in 2014!